GENERAL ADMINISTRATION (SER-D) DEPARTMENT
G.O.MS.No. 188 Dated: 18-12-2017
Read the following:-
1. G.O.Ms.No.436, G.A.(Ser-D) Dept., dated: 15.10.1996.
2. G.O.Ms.No.42, Department for Women, Children, Disabled & Senior Citizens (DW) Dated: 19.10.2011.
3. From the Secy., A.P. Public Service Commission, Lr. No. 876/RR/2017, Dated: 13-12-2017.
In the G.O. 2nd read above orders have been issued providing reservation in promotions to the Differently Abled employees to all services of State Government where the cadre strength is more than five against their roster points 6th,31st & 56th prescribed under rule-22 of the Andhra Pradesh State and Subordinate Service Rules, 1996 stating that the necessary amendments to the said rules will be issued by the General Administration (Services) Department.
2. Accordingly, the following notification will be published in the Andhra Pradesh Gazette.
In exercise of the powers conferred by the proviso to Article 309 of the Constitution of India and of all other powers hereunto enabling the Governor of Andhra Pradesh, hereby makes the following amendment to the Andhra Pradesh State and Subordinate Service Rules, 1996, issued in G.O.Ms.No.436, General Administration (Services-D) Department, dated the 15th October, 1996 and
published in Part-I Extra-ordinary issue of the Andhra Pradesh Gazette dated: 27th January, 1997 and as subsequently amended from time to time.
2. These amendments shall be deemed to have come into force with effect on and from 19.10.2011.
In rule 22, of the said rules;
(1) In sub-rule (1) in clause (ii): for the words “Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes” the words “Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Physically Handicapped Persons” shall be substituted”.
(2) In sub-rule 2(a)(i) for the words “and six for Scheduled Tribe employees”, the words “six for Scheduled Tribe and three for Physically handicapped employees” shall be substituted
(ii) in Clauses A,B,C,D & E,-
For the words “Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes” the words “Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Physically Handicapped Persons” shall be substituted.
(iii) in Clause C,- The word “both” shall be omitted”
(iv) After Clause (E), the following shall be inserted, namely:-“F -If any department considers that it is not possible to provide reservation in promotions for any category of Persons with Disabilities, keeping in view the nature of duties to be performed by the employees in that particular department, the department may seek partial or full exemption from such reservation in promotions, however such exemption or modification shall be decided by an Inter Departmental Committee as specified by the
G.O.Ms.No.23, dated:26.5.2011, Dept. for Women, Child, Disabled & Senior Citizen.
The Departments who wish to seek exemptions may do so within (90) days from the date of issue of these orders during which period the Rule of Reservation shall not apply to such departments for the posts identified by them for exemption. The orders issued by the Committee thereafter shall be final and further action taken accordingly”.