GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH
BACKWARD CLASSES WELFARE (C) DEPARTMENT
From the Director, B.C. Welfare, A.P., Vijayawada Lr.Rc.No.G/2565/2017, Dated.06.09.2017.
In order to alleviate financial burden of below poverty line BC communities at the time of performing marriage, the Government of Andhra Pradesh have decided to implement a new scheme called “Chandranna Pelli Kanuka” – with an objective of ensuring -
• Reduction in the incidence of child marriages;
• To ensure protection for women from domestic violence;
• To encourage the poor BC Communities to register their marriages;
• To boost the satisfaction and happiness index of the society.
2. In this regard, the Director, B.C. Welfare has furnished the proposal for implementation of the new scheme “Chandranna Pelli Kanuka” to all BC Brides of below poverty line families.
3. Government, after careful examination of the matter hereby accord permission to extend financial assistance of Rs.30,000/- (Rupees Thirty Thousand only) under the scheme “Chandranna Pelli Kanuka” as an incentive to the eligible below poverty line girls at the time of their marriage with a view to alleviate financial difficulties to celebrate marriages in the families of Backward Classes in the State subject to following criteria:
1. Eligibility Criteria:
a) The unmarried bride shall belong to the Backward Classes community.
b) The unmarried girl shall be the resident of Andhra Pradesh State.
c) The unmarried girl should have completed 18 years of age and the Boy should have completed 21 years at the time of Marriage.
d) The wedding of the BPL-Backward Class girl shall be on or after 01.01.2018.
2. Income Criteria
a) The parents of bride shall have White Ration Card / BPL category.
3. Educational Qualification :
a) Initially for two years i.e., for the year 2017-18 and 2018-19, the Educational qualification for the Bride and Bridegroom are relaxed, But from the year 2019 onwards, it would be 10th class pass, to be eligible under this scheme.
4. Procedure for application :
a) The prospective bride or her parents shall have to submit application through online https://epass.apcfss.in through any Mee Seva center to upload the certificates, duly intimating the date of marriage.
b) The following shall be attached.
• Date of Birth: Issued by the Competent Authority through MEESEVA Center.
• Caste Certificate: Issued by the Competent Authority through MEESEVA Center.
• Income Certificate (the certificate shall be latest and shall not be older than 6 months from the date of marriage.
• Aadhar Card of the birde and bride groom to be scanned and uploaded.
• A Scanned copy of the first page of Bank Passbook (Savings Account) containing the photo of the bride and the account details in the name of the bride.
• Copy of Wedding Card.
• Separate Passport Size photos of Bride and Bridegroom.
• White ration card of the bride’s parents.
5. Implementing agency :
a) The Director of Backward Classes Welfare Department is the nodal agency at the state level to implement the Scheme.
b) At the field level, the Panchayat Raj Department in rural areas and Municipal Administration & Urban Development Department in Urban areas shall be the nodal Department to implement this scheme at the ground level.
c) The Panchayat Raj Department through the Panchayat Secretary in the respective Villages shall register the marriages as per the Compulsory Marriages Registrations Act, 2002.
d) The Panchayat Raj Department and Municipal Administration & Urban Development Department shall provide necessary enabling framework to this scheme.
4. Under this scheme, a onetime Financial Assistance of Rs.30,000/- (Rupees Thirty Thousand only) at the time of marriage shall be granted to every unmarried BPL-Backward Class girl in the state of Andhra Pradesh with effect from 01.01.2018.
5. The Director, B.C.Welfare shall ensure that necessary software is enabled on the e-pass website and MEESEVA Centers to ensure proper receipt of applications under the scheme.
6. The Director, B.C.Welfare shall ensure wide publicity to create awareness among the Backward Castes for availing the benefit of the scheme.
7. The Director, B.C. Welfare, the VC & MD, APBCCFC Ltd., MDs (11 B.C. Federations) concerned, MD, MBC Corporation shall be take necessary action accordingly.
8. This order issues with the concurrence of the Finance (FMU-Welfare.II) Department vide their U.O.No. Fin-40027/140/2017, dated.04.10.2017.