SCHOOL EDUCATION (TRG) DEPARTMENT
G.O.MS.No. 60 Dated: 27-07-2017
Read the following:
1 G.O.Ms.No.27 School Education (TRG) Department, dated 30.06.2015.
2. G.O.Ms.No.54 School Education (TRG) Department, dated 20.08.2015.
3. G.O.Ms.No.112 Finance (HR.IV-FR) Department, dated 18.06.2016.
4. G.O.Ms.No.96 School Education (TRG) Department, dated 01.09.2016.
5. Govt. Letter No.528676/Trg/A1/2017 , dated.28.04.2017.
6. Interim Orders of Hon’ble Supreme Court of India in SLP © Nos.14860, 9647 and 14684-91 of 2017, dated.05.05.2017 and 09.05.2017.
7. G.O.Ms.No.102, Finance (HR.IV.FR) Department, dated 27.06.2017.
8. From the Secretary, A.P. Residential Educational Institutions Society, Guntur, Lr.Rc.No.1023/57th BG/B4-5/2017, dated.27.07.2017.
* * *
In the reference 1st read above, Government have issued orders for extension of the benefit of enhancement of age of superannuation from (58) to (60) years to the employees of the Andhra Pradesh mentioned in G.O.Ms.No.305 General Administration (SR) Department, dated 10.10.2014 to serve the State of A.P. working in A.P. Residential Educational Institutions Society, Hyderabad and to the person working in the institutions located in the (13) Districts of Andhra Pradesh.
2. In the reference 2nd read above, Government have accorded permission to the Secretary, A.P.Residential Educational Institutions Society, Hyderabad to re-induct the employees who retired in A.P. Residential Educational Institutions Society, Hyderabad in (13) Districts of Andhra Pradesh in the interim period from 02.06.2014 to 31.05.2015 and to regularise the gap period as leave to which employee is eligible and in case no leave is due, the period will be treated as Extra-ordinary leave.
3. In the reference 3rd read above, the Government have issued orders that the enhanced
age of superannuation cannot be made applicable to the employees of the Public Sector undertakings and Institutions listed in the Ninth and Tenth Schedules of A.P. Re-organization Act, 2014 until the matter of division of assets and liabilities of the institution between the States of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana is settled and the allotment of the employees between the two States is finalized for these Public Sector Undertakings/ Institutions. Government would be in a position to take a policy decision on the matter only after such process is completed in all respects. Orders issued, if any, by any Department or Public Sector Undertaking/ Institutions shall be kept in abeyance with immediate effect.
4. In the reference 4th read above, the Government has kept the orders of enhancement of age of superannuation from 58 to 60 in abeyance w.e.f. 31.08.2016 who were mentioned in G.O.Ms.No.305, General Administration (SR) Department, Dated: 10.10.2014.
5. In the reference 5th read above, based on the orders issued by the other sister societies i.e.APSWREIS, APTWREIS, the Secretary, A.P. Residential Educational Institutions Society has been permitted to relieve the petitioners working in APREIS from their services who approached the Hon’ble High Court for continuing their services beyond 58 years.
6. In the reference 6th read above, the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India has passed the following interim orders in SLP © Nos.14860, 9647 and 14684-91 of 2017, dated 05.05.2017 and 09.05.2017:-
“Until further orders, the superannuation in the case of employees on attaining the age of 58 years in the respondent-institutions shall be deferred. Needless to say that in case any employee has retired only on the ground of attaining the age of 58 years, such employees shall be reinstated and continued in service until further orders, but in no case, beyond 60 years and also make it clear that this order will apply to all similarly situated employees under the respondent institutions whether they are the petitioners before this court or not and, therefore, those similarly situated persons need not travel to this court”.
7. While the matter is under active consideration/ examination, in the reference 7th read above, Government have accorded in principle approval to enhance the age of superannuation of employees working in the institutions listed in IX and X Schedule Institutions subject to the following conditions:-
1. The specific decision to enhance the superannuation age from 58 to 60 years to their employees shall be taken by the Board of Directors/ Managing Committees of these legal entities.
2. While doing so, these institutions shall take into consideration their financial position and genuineness of their need to enhance the age of superannuation.
3. In case of Residential Education Societies, the decision should be based on the genuineness of their need and assessment of performance of these societies. These orders shall come into force prospectively from the date of issue of the orders by competent authorities after amending the relevant regulations/ bye-laws.
8. In the reference 8th read above, the Secretary, APREI Society, Guntur has requested to issue necessary orders for implementation of the superannuation age of 60 years to the employees of APREI Society as per the G.O.Ms.No.102 Finance (HR.IV-FR) Department, dated 27.06.2017, as resolved by the Board of Governors of APREI Society.
9. After careful examination of the matter and in pursuance of the orders issued vide G.O.Ms.No.102 Finance (HR.IV-FR) Department, dated 27.06.2017, Government hereby enhance the age of superannuation from (58) to (60) years to the employees working in the A.P. Residential Educational Institutions Society, with effect from 27.06.2017.