1. Minutes of the meeting of 243rd Project Approval Board (PAB) held on 09th February, 2017 to consider AWP&B of Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan of Andhra Pradesh, 2017-18
2. A three day workshop chaired by the State Project Director from 05.07.2017 to07.07.2017 on strengthening of School Complexes at SPO Office, Amaravati.
All the District Educational Officers and Project Officers of Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan are informed that the PAB has been approved for conducting follow up meetings on Mandai level trainings at Complex Level (cluster level) for Primary and subject teachers vide reference 1st read above.
Vide reference 2nd read above, based on the feedback from teachers the School Complex meetings are not running in effective manner to improve the knowledge, teaching methods of teachers, for which purpose they were started. A proper initiations has not been taken up to review the academic performance of the students, teachers, as well as new educational concepts which is presently needed to the strengthening the government schools.
In view of the above, there is an urgent need to reorganise present school complexes as an initial step for effective and balanced conduct of school complexes. The details of the reorganisation steps are as follows.
i. Gaps in the current functioning of School Complexes
1. Most often the school complex meetings are being conducted in a routine manner. Hence, the stated objectives and outcomes of the school complex meetings are not being achieved.
2. The Complex Headmaster is leaving the responsibility to the Complex Secretary And makes only a cursory presence at the complex meeting. Some often the Complex Chairman is not a Gazetted HM.
3. The inspecting officers are not participating in the school complex meetings and are not reviewing the progress on various agenda items like review of academic performance of schools in the cluster, development of TLM, sharing of lesson plans and best practices, improvement in learning outcomes of students studying in the schools in the jurisdiction of the complex, etc.
4. The allotment of Cluster Resource Persons (CRPs) is not uniform /standardised and carries differences one complex to complex another.
5. Some of the School Complexes identified are Primary or Upper Primary Schools; while the guidelines clearly stated that the Lead School should be Secondary School in the Cluster.
6. The other Government managed schools like the Model Schools, KGBVs, Municipal, Residential Welfare Schools are not brought under the ambit in the School Complex. They are not getting information about the Complex meetings and they did not attend the same. Thus resulting that they are missing opportunity for sharing TLM, ILM, Teaching ideas, Teaching Methods, Learning Outcomes classroom management and other best practices.
7. While it was envisaged that some of the School complex meetings did not conduct once per annum.
ii. Revised guidelines for Strengthening of School Complexes:
Keeping in view of the above gaps, it is decided to develop a clear action plan for activating and strengthening the school complexes. Composition and Conduct of school complex meetings will be as per the guidelines issued in the Manual for Setting up and Functioning of the School Complex System, School Education Department, Govt. of Andhra Pradesh". Broadly issued the guidelines will cover the following:
• The existing school complexes should be reorganized as on 31 Sl July 2017 and Lead School should be identified. The geographical conditions, number of schools and teachers will be kept in view while reorganizing the school complexes.
• A Secondary school with proper infrastructure, adequate staff and well accessible to all the primary, upper primary and other high schools in the cluster, shall be identified as the Lead School.
• The CRPs shall be allotted equal number of schools in the mandal.
• All school complexes must be headed by a Gazetted Headmaster. If the Gazetted HM not available in particular school Complex, then the senior school Assistant may act as the Chairperson of the Complex. However the Principal of Model School also be considered for school complex chairman.
• It is decided to conduct school complex meetings cum trainings in the academic year from the month of August, 2017 to Feb, 2018.
• Guidelines defined in the Manual and instructions issued by School Education Commissionerate, SPO, Director, RMSA from time to time shall be followed in the conduct of School Complex activities and meetings.
• The Budget for conducting the school complex meetings, for development of Teaching-learning material, payment of the conveyance to the concerned teachers shall be as per the norms defined in the Manual. The budget shall be released as approved in PAB, 2017-18.
• All Govt, ZP, MPP, MPUP, Aided schools, Model Schools, KGBVs, Municipal schools, Residential Welfare Schools under different managements should be included under the school complex.Teachers from all these schools shall attend the School Complex meetings and participate actively in its deliberations and day long schedule of activities.
• The School complex Chairpersons shall ensure 100% attendance of the teachers at the complex level meetings. eHazar - Biometric Attendance shall be taken twice in the morning and evening.
• The Minutes of the deliberations of the school complex meetings shall be submitted by the School Complex Chairperson to the MEO and DyEOs concerned duly extended to District Educational Officer & Project Officer of SSA.
• The School Complex Chairperson shall upload the minutes of the complex meeting and feed hack report alon!! with Action Taken Report (ATR) on previous complex meeting minutes through online.
• The Complex Chairpersons shall communicate the information about conduct of the next meeting and related information to the respective schools under his jurisdiction through the School Complex Portal, to be created for this purpose by CSE.
• The complex chairman should conduct complex meetings without any deviations of the agenda items designed for conduct model school complex.
• The teacher should not avail any leaves on school complex dates. If necessary, permission should be obtained from the complex chairman.
• The model school complex should be consisted with 10-15 schools duly considering geographical conditions, transport facilities for all.
• The identified lead school! School complex training centre must have sufficient infrastructure, separate toilets for lady teachers, Lab, Library, and meeting hall.
• The Deputy Educational Officers in the state are informed that, they are overall in charge in their respective divisions for the conduct of School Complex Meetings, as per the schedule, to monitor and to review the school complex meetings, agenda items, Action Taken Reports in the previous meetings. The report & ATR on the same has to be submitted to District Educational Officers and Project Officers in their jurisdiction.
All the District Educational Officers and Project Officers in the state are requested to take immediate action in the reorganisation of the present school Complexes based on the guidelines issued in the above by 03.08.2017 and also instructed to submit the school complexes meeting and monitoring report of School Complex Chairman in every month to the commissioner of School Education & State Project Director, Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan from this academic year.
They are also requested to send a compliance report to this office on the reorganised school complexes with consisting schools list in the respective complexes without any deviation.
State Project Director