GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH
SOCIAL WELFARE (EDN.2) DEPARTMENT
Read the following:
1. G.O.Ms.No.101, SW(Edn.2) Dept., dated:31-05-2008
2. G.O.Ms.No.97, SW(Edn.2) Dept., dated:21-12-2013
3. G.O.Ms.No.52, SW(Edn.2) Dept., dated:23-05-2014
4. G.O.Ms.No.53, SW(Edn.2) Dept., dated:24-05-2014
5. G.O.Ms.No.20, SW(Edn.2) Dept., dated:26-03-2015
6. G.O.Ms.No.32, SW(Edn.2) Dept., dated:03-06-2015
7. Minutes of the 14th Meeting of Nodal Agency for SCSP held on 07-09-2016
8. From the DSW, AP, Amaravathi Lr.No.E1/2198/2016, dt:12-09-2016 &
The Government of Andhra Pradesh is committed in it’s objective to ensure that the children from the Scheduled Castes community are able to access quality education, both within and outside the Government ecosystem, so that the gaps in educational development and attainment are bridged in alignment with the mandate given in the Andhra Pradesh Scheduled Castes Sub-Plan and Tribal Sub-Plan (Planning, Allocation and Utilisation of Financial Resources) Act, 2013.
2. In view of the above and duly considering the circumstances reported by the Director of Social Welfare, AP, Amaravathi in the references 8th read above, and in terms of the resolution in the reference 7th read above, Government hereby enhance the number of seats under the Best Available School Scheme @ 50 seats in the Residential category and 100 seats in the Non-Residential category in each district (i.e. 650 seats in total in BAS (Residential) and 1,300 seats in total in BAS (Non-Residential) in the State) from the academic year 2017-18.
3. The Director of Social Welfare, A.P. Amaravathi shall take further action accordingly.