MUNICIPAL ADMINISTRATION & URBAN DEVELOPMENT (D1) DEPARTMEN G.O.MS.NO.54 Dated: 06/02/2017
Read the following:-
1. G.O.Ms.No.320, MA&UD(D1) Dept., Dated 07.12.2016.
2. G.O.Ms.No.322, MA&UD(D1) Dept., Dated 07.12.2016.
3. G.O.Ms.No.323, MA&UD(D1) Dept., Dated 07.12.2016.
4. G.O.Ms.No.324, MA&UD(D1) Dept., Dated 07.12.2016.
5. From the Director of Municipal Administration, A.P, Guntur Letter No.20445/2007-13, dated 12-01-2017.
In the references 1st to 4th read above, A.P. Municipal Educational Subordinate Service Rules, 2016 have been issued for all categories of teachers working in Municipal Schools of Municipalities, Municipal Corporations, Greater Visakhapatnam Municipal Corporation and
Vijayawada Municipal Corporation respectively. According to Rule -5 of the said service rules the post of Head Master/Head Mistress of High School has been constituted as category –I under class –I and the unit of the appointment is the Revenue District concerned in respect of Municipalities and the Municipal Corporations. In case of GVMC and VMC, the Corporation concerned is the unit of appointment. The method of appointment is by promotion from categories 1 to 13 of class -II except category 14 of class- II.
2. In the reference 5th read above, the Director of Municipal Administration, A.P., Guntur has stated that various Teachers Unions / Associations have demanding among others to accord Gazetted status
to Head Masters of Municipal High Schools.
3. Government have examined the matter and decided to confer Gazetted status to the post of Head Master/ Head Mistress of Municipal High schools without enhancing the pay or any other monetary benefits as the post is carrying same scale of pay of Head Masters of Government/ ZP High Schools under the control of School Education Department which were conferred the Gazetted status.
4. The Director of Municipal Administration, AP, Guntur shall take necessary action accordingly.
5. Accordingly, the following Notification shall be published in the Andhra Pradesh Gazette.
The post of Headmaster in Municipal Schools under the M.A & U.DDept. is declared as “Gazetted”.
(BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OF THE GOVERNOR OF ANDHRA PRADESH) ➧Download G.O 154