GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH
TRIBAL WELFARE DEPARTMENT – EDUCATION - Best Available Schools Scheme Enhancement of Pre-Matric Scholarship Rate to Rs.30,000/- per student per annum to ST students for the academic year 2016-17 under BAS on par with SC Students – Orders – Issued.
TRIBAL WELFARE (EDN.1) DEPARTMENT
Read the following:-
1. G.O.Ms.No.175, Social Welfare (E.1) Department, Dt. 07-12-1990.
2. G.O.Ms.No.70, Social Welfare (TW.Edn.II) Department, Dt.01-08-2001.
3. G.O.Ms.No.49, Social Welfare (TW.Edn.1) Department, Dt.20-06-2013.
4. G.O.Rt.No.157, TW Education.A2, Department, Dt.02-04-2015.
5. G.O.Ms.No.42, Social Welfare (TW) Department, Dt.31-05-2006.
6. G.O.Ms.No.16, TW (Edn.1) Department, Dt.30-01-2016.
7. Director of Tribal Welfare, AP., Hyderabad, Letter Rc.No.J2/1435/2016, Dt.16-05-2016.
In the G.O. 6th read above Govt. have issued orders enhancing Pre-Matric scholarship rate of ST students studying in Best Available Schools to Rs.18,000/- for the 3rd to 7th classes and Rs.26,000/- for the 8th to 10th classes and also to increase the intake of ST children from 4149 to 8298 seats from 2015-16 onwards duly including the Schools of Excellence in to the Best Available Schools scheme.
2. In the letter 7th read above, the DTW, Vijayawada has informed that due to various factors such as price escalation of commodities, the nutritional needs, increase in rents and other items etc., the Managements of BAS Schools have been repeatedly requesting them to enhance the Scholarship amount to Rs. 30,000/- from the academic year 2016-17 to all classes i.e., Class 3rd to 10th on par with SC Students to provide same facilities to ST students also and to avoid discrimination among the SC/ST students in similar situations.